A little bit about books, a little bit about life.

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Not Thursday but worth mentioning

I know it's not "Thursday", it's Sunday, but I've been away for a wedding. My daugther in law sent these "first lines" ....and I'm going to post them here because not everyone will read the comments.
It's interesting how the "Booking Thru Thursday" question, continues on in book clubs and discussions outside of the blog.

Loved these books....

I like,
"If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy childhood was like, and how my parents were occupied and all before they had me, and all that David Copperfield kind of crap, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth."
From the Catcher in the Rye.

and

"I am doomed to remember a boy with a wrecked voice-- not because if his voice, or because he was the smallest person I ever knew, or even because he was the instrument of my mother's death, but because he is the reason I believe in God: I am Christian because of Owen Meany.
-A Prayer for Owen Meany.

No comments: