A little bit about books, a little bit about life.

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Booking Thru Thursday




Today's booking thru Thursday question.



One of the very first questions ever at Booking Through Thursday.
Back from 2005 when Laura owned the blog but, because it was so new, it didn’t get as many responses as it does now … so, why not revisit?
Here’s the question:


Some people read one book at a time. Some people have a number of them on the go at any given time, perhaps a reading in bed book, a breakfast table book, a bathroom book, and so on, which leads me to…
Are you currently reading more than one book?
If so, how many books are you currently reading?
Is this normal for you?
Where do you keep your current reads?

*********


As of right now, I have two books going. Occasionally I will read more than one at time, but not that often.I always have my current read in my purse when I go out. (what if...what if, I were caught somewhere unexpected and had to wait? )
Sometimes I have a "car" book, which is a book I want to read but am having trouble getting thru. That way, if I forget my current read a home, I will have something available to me. I am one of those people (which I assume most of you are) who can read for 1 -2 -5 -10 minutes here and there all day long.

At home....well, I have books laying all around the place.
Book on one table for my "face to face" bookclubs, books on a bookshelf for my "TBR challenge"

And that is where I keep my current reads.
Have a great day!

5 comments:

bermudaonion said...

You sound just like me!

Sara said...

I'm a one book reader and I keep my current read with me all the time. I too can also read for aminute or two here and there.

Nise' said...

I'm like you, I don't want to be without a book!

Luanne said...

I'm a three book reader - 2 fiction and one non fiction

Michele said...

I try to only read one book at a time. There are times that I have up to three going at one time tho'.

I also have books everywhere. There are two in the car right now, one in my purse, one on my BlackBerry, two at work and another on the nightstand.

One can never have too many books or too many reading options. :)