A few weeks ago, my daughter in law, Sadie and Smiling Sal sent me a "meme" or a "survey" or a "tag".
Both of them.... at two different times, but within a few days of each other.
I meant to do it right away... I meant to answer
I was supposed to write 6 unique things about myself...and then pass it on to 6 different bloggers.
here are the rules from both of them:
from Smilin' Sal:
Here are the rules:1. Link to the person who tagged you
2. Mention the rules on your blog.
3. List 6 unspectacular quirks.
4. Tag 6 bloggers by linking to them on your post and then commenting them to let them know that they are "it!"
Here are the tag rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Write 6 random things about yourself
4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them
5. Let each person you have tagged know by leaving a comment on their blog
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is posted.
I have fallen behind. Time got away from me. I'm a huge procrastinator.... ? (is that unique)
Quirky or random. I can't think.
1. Okay, I collect clocks. My friend Jolina says it's apparent I have an obsession with clocks in my front room. I like clocks. But clocks also...when you think about it...can be quite sad. (the passing of time and all that) But clocks are just so.... I mean, Hickory Dickory Dock-ish...and Grandfather Clock-ish (from Captain Kangaroo) and they have hands, and faces. And they are the keepers of time.
I like the sound of a quiet house and a tic-toc of a clock.
But...I don't wear a watch. So that's kind of quirky.
2. I'm an obsessive note taker. I take notes all the time. I have been known to get out of bed and write something down so i wont' forget it. I have notes in my purse, notes on my desk, and notes in a folder in the desk to use. I have spiral notebooks of notes like Anne Frank had a diary.
I want to write about things in letters to friends or blogs and so I make notes for myself. But, I do not have enough time in the world to write about everything I want to write about.
3. I can crack an egg with one hand. And I can eat with chopsticks. My little grandson, when he saw me crack an egg with one hand ( and I was showing off) told me that I was doing it wrong.
4. I have been to the NYC Marathon. I didn't run, but was support for my friend who did run. I have "walked" in the Bay to Breakers 12k in San Francisco a few times, I have walked in many 5k's, 10k's and mile walk/runs. I do not run tho... I walk. I love them. I love walking for a cause or just walking.
(one would think I was in great shape, but that's not the case. )
5. I have never had a brain freeze from eating ice-cream fast. I can eat, drink ice, ice-cream, slushies...you name it. And I've never had a brain freeze.
6. I love to cook for people. I love to have parties. I love to entertain. I am probably a better party giver than I am a cook.
And then this part is weird.... I am supposed to "tag" how many bloggers? I don't really have that many blogger friends... I mean, I do, but I don't. I don't review or critique books... I just like to write about them, or book related issues and themes. I love to cook, but I don't see this "meme" going around the cooking blogs...at all.
So.... if this is kind of like a chain letter, I'm sorry.....dont' feel you have to do this. :~), but the rules are that I have to "tag" some others...(I don't think I can find six)
I found five!! And remember, if you don't want to play---don't. I just love your blogs and always go to them.
Meghan at Mstone
she's my sister in law....the best cook EVER, but not a blogger. She has a blog, but it is blank. Maybe if I tag her she'll blog. :~)
Jo at the Adventues of Kitchen Girl http://kitchengirljo.blogspot.com/
she gave me an award, and I repay her how? LOL
and really...I've not seen these "memes" in foodie bloggers, so if she does answer, this will be fun.
Honey Bunch at The Life and Loves of Grumpy's Honeybunch http://shellymaelawstories.blogspot.com/
Honey is funny. And I know that Grumpy really adores her.
Bermuda Onion at Bermuda Onion's Weblog http://bermudaonion.wordpress.com/
We have switched to book blogs... and her's is great. And she said I was funny once. I love anyone who says I'm funny.
Jenn at Jen's Book Thoughts http://jensbookthoughts.blogspot.com/
I look at her blog every day...and sometimes wish I lived her life. :~) she gets to meet her favorite authors!!
2017: The Year in Books
58 minutes ago